05 February 2011

Post Apocalyptic Party Dress

I just finished this order today for a lady who's going to a party in Las Vegas for her school where everyone is required to dress in white. She said she didn't want to go buy some boring white outfit off the wrack and wanted the dress to look "like I got dragged down the street by a truck."

How could I say no?

The dress is made from deerskin and rabbit fur. I tried to use as many of the raw edges as I possibly could to give it that torn up wasteland look. I draped and glued the leather right on to the dressform then riveted it together. I lost count of the rivets but it took 3 hours just to put them all on there...

I'm so in love with this dress and I was sad to see it go, but the customer was ecstatic about it and that makes me feel great :)






No comments:

Post a Comment