25 January 2010

Spell Scrolls-a-Plenty

This is a project I've wanted to do for ages, but for some reason never got around to it. I'm a huge nerd (if you couldn't already tell) and I've always wanted maps and spell scrolls for costuming. So I made some :)



This one is Invisibility. The script is Draconic and the title and subtitle read "Saubwa, ekess qe nursaubwa ini shio" Which according to the online translator means "Invisibility, to be unseen by all"



This one is Fire Stream, written in Magi script, with some Draconic. The title and subtitle read, in elven "Nar Sîr,Lhach Athan Nîn Ranc" which according to the online translator means "Fire Stream, flame beyond my arm" The rest is random

I drew everything out in illustrator. The fonts I found online and painstakingly copied them with the pen tool. I made up the arcane circles and the elemental symbols, as well as my signature in the corner.

I printed these out on thick parchment paper and distressed them like crazy with paint, fire and sandpaper. They are currently for sale in my Etsy shop and I should be making some new spells soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment