01 November 2011

It's November now!

As excited as I am about The Sarasota Medieval Fair coming up November 12-13 and 19-20 (come visit me!) I am FREAKING OUT about The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim :) Literally. I kind of drool when I watch the trailer.

Anyway since for some reason I never posted these pictures, here's the Isabela armour I finished a couple weeks ago:


Made from 5oz vegetable tanned leather with some minor wet forming. The metal plates are also leather that's tooled and painted with a black base, gunmetal over that and silver on top. Yeah fake metal!

That's pretty much it for this update. I've been super busy with Halloween stuff and now I'm going to be super busy with festival stuff. Such is the life of a self employed leatherworker, right? Oh, I do have some exciting news. I'M GOING TO DRAGONCON NEXT YEAR. That's right. I booked my hotel at 8am the day registration opened and I already have a few people tagging along :) See you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment