20 January 2011

Revamp!

I've changed and updated a few things and this is what I've been working on the past few months (among other things ;)

For those of you who don't recognize it, it's Leliana from Dragon Age: Sacred Ashes :) One (of many) of my dream costumes, it's about 60% done. The hardest part so far is finding decent reference pictures...


The armour is 5/6 oz vegi-tan that's been tooled, dyed, wet-formed, glued and riveted together. The red part on the chestplate is off-white deerskin I dyed several times to get the right shade of red. The silver pieces on the panel skirt are made from sculpy. I made one, then made a plaster mold and cast 10 identical pieces. It's the first time I've ever done that and it turned out pretty awesome.

The daggers are made from balsa wood and the details are paperclay, craft foam, bias tape and metal brads. And I think they're pretty.

And finally, the scale armour of DOOM. It weighs about 9 pounds, which is pretty heavy on one's shoulders. Luckily when I lace up the sides, it's not so bad. Made from large aluminum scales from theringlord.com, it took about 8-10 hours a day for 3 days.

I should have the pauldron done soon and after that (hopefully) a dress rehearsal ^^

In other news I have a ton of costume orders (most of which got finalized yesterday) so I'll update more as I get those finished.

Oh, and the Bay Area Renaissance Festival is fast approaching, so I'm busy stocking up for that and trying to keep my Etsy shop afloat.

There's so much going on! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I wanted to do this cosplay but I'd have to commission someone to do it for me. xD

    ReplyDelete